Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sad happy faces.

I don't know how I can do this. 

I can't seem to look at another baby (or child, for that matter) without bursting into overwhelming sadness over the one that we lost the other day. How can I share in these new parents' happiness in the office, when I was so intimately part of the medical team involved with another couple losing theirs? I don't even know if I can one day go on and hold preciously my own future children, fully remembering what has happened to this family that night. 

I see these young infants at the office, or these young happy children, and their parents with all their hopes and dreams for them, and all I can think of is the loss of all those hope and dreams of that one family. So devastated. How would they go on? Their lives must be completely destroyed. 

We are all surrounded by children. We are all surrounded by reminders of this great tragedy. No one can get away. 




No comments: