Sunday, December 21, 2008

A good tear.


I finally cried. I guess that's a good thing. It wasn't a large cry. Kinda a wimpy little thing. But it's about time the tears come out. I've held them in long enough. 

It was over a talk with my mom about the incident. During a digression of the conversation, she reminded me about things I did when she got ill. She reminded that, as an example, of how I tried to do good, and how I did do some good. 

I tried. I tried. I guess that's about all I could do in my role. Continue to try. Continue to try to do good. No matter what just keeping trying to do good. 

There are too many sad stories in the world, and I've touched just one of them intimately the past week. If I want to cry over every sad story in the world, I guess I will never stop crying. More than one family will be devastated this Christmas. Let us not forget them. But the couple I met is also not the only one. 

Refocus. Realign myself. Realign so that I can once again try to do good. That's about all I can ask for myself. The retrospective lens will give many perspectives, that is no point in pondering them too much. Analysis is good, but dwelling may be counter-productive. 

Just keep trying to do good. And know that I did some in the past. 

No comments: