Monday, March 27, 2017

Hinge! Hinge!



"Hinge! Hinge!"

I am, damn it.

But I wasn't. I was arching my back. I was dropping my shoulders. My poor form made me felt I was already hinging, as my chest was already hitting my knee.

But no. Straighten up the back. Open up the shoulders. Then hinge. Now I'm really hinging. Plunging the paddle deeper into the water. Rotating more fully. Then kick. Pull back. Snap.

Sometimes, we all need someone on the outside looking in, to tell us to do better what we thought we were already doing okay in.

Or in some instances, tell us how we had it completely wrong, and we didn't even know it.

We all have room to grow, things to improve on. Often I get a lot of positive feedbacks from people. While they are encouraging, they do not make me grow. Sometimes, they even act to reinforce my misconceptions, or in more extreme cases, masks my shortcomings.

But the observant soul. The outspoken one. The one who calls me out.

Makes me grow. Makes me be better.

And I shall try to listen more. 






No comments: