Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quantum of chaos


Just came back from watching the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace with Lawrence and Wen Wen. It just came our this past Thursday. We waited more than an hour in line to get in so that we don't get stuck at the very front like how we always do. 

It was fun. But the last one was better. I guess that was expected. 

Fast, chaotic, and at times outright confusing, this was more about Bond going on a rampage with intentionally orchestrated chaotic chase and fight scenes that sent even the quickest eyes wondering who's chasing who now. The camera work is intense, almost as if taking a page out of home-made video action flicks. It started off with an intense car-chase that saw little of the car and everything else, and followed by many more scenes like that. They're entertaining, but at times I found that I had to squint just to let my eyes rest a little. 

And it seemed that the movie was as much about hidden agendas as it is about the main plot. In fact, I thought the main plot was rather thin. The focus was clearly on the action in this one. There was little tension as to when the bad guy was gonna lose. because, well, quite frankly, you don't really know who's the real bad guy (and there haven't been enough of development of the story for you to really care). 

And there was very little gadgets. But I guess that's the direction of this franchise now. I was quite impressed with the itouch-like computers that they use. Inspiration to get an iphone?

All in all I thought it was a fun 2 hours. I have the craving to watch the last one again just to put the pieces together. It's an entertaining flick, even if it wasn't as good as the last one or as epic as Dark Knight had been (even after having seen it twice). 




No comments: