Monday, November 3, 2008

Olympic crazy

We're about to drop over $2500 as a family in Olympic tickets for the upcoming 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver/Whistler. A set of opening ceremony tics, a pair of gold medal ice hockey games, and a bunch of quarter-final or preliminary games as well as a few figure skating ones for my parents. Of course it all depends on whether we get the tickets through the lottery system, but I figured even if I have tickets left over, it shouldn't be too much trouble getting rid of them (probably at market price, as my ethical friend Queenie would demand). After missing out on this summer's amazing Beijing opening ceremony, I'm sure my mom would love to go to this one even if it is pale in comparison. Hopefully we can get these tickets. It's a tad early, but the olympic craze is rising a little before the November 7th deadline for requests. 

Today I simplified the title of my blog back to 'newleaf'. I felt the extension 'life' felt a little melodramatic. Newleaf is newleaf. No need to spice it up or brand it. It has all the meaning it needs. 

Working again tomorrow. The last four days off from ER shifts had been like a mini-vacation. I hadn't opened a book since Thursday, and already I feel that my medicine is rusty. Medicine is so hard to become fluent in!

No comments: