Tuesday, September 8, 2009

By myself again in a great big house.


Roommate moved out, landlord left town, parents visited and left, I moved all my stuff from my basement room into one of the upper-stories bedroom. I moved the desk up here as well, making it very home-like. The soft-toned walls, the nice sheets and comforter, the tight but functional space, the brighter windows and lighting. I'm amazing how conducive I am to my environment. From migrating up from basement to cozy bedroom, I feel more liberated, more inspired to work and enjoy my time here. It's starting to feel like home. It's a little quiet, being here all by myself. But I like the privacy, I like my isolation, I like my alone-time. 

I've discovered that I like to organize all my stuff in a neatly laid-out display on my corner table. It gives me a sense of tidiness in my otherwise chaotic mind. 

How did I managed to yet again pack so much stuff for my 2 months stay here? I quickly filled the closet. But then again, I have my car to transport all my stuff. I could have taken more. 

No comments: