Sunday, August 9, 2009

Living like high-school boys.

Living here at the dorm room of Northern Lights College reminded me a lot of my first year of medicine at the Grad House in Toronto. University-style dorm rooms, shared kitchen and bathrooms, roommate to play ping-ping with. It was a treat having Mike, a dental student, as a roommate. When I first moved in, although I haven't yet met him, the first thing I noticed was that in the bathroom there was evidence that he flosses. He'd be alright, I thought, for anyone who cared to floss would probably be a decent guy. I was right, he turned out to be a lot of fun as a roommate, and I think we enjoyed each other's company in the solitude that was otherwise in Dawson Creek. He also enjoyed a healthy interest in photography, and we had a good time playing with our toys a little towards the end of our stay together before he left. 

Mike and I trying to shoot the moon on one clear evening after I came back from work. 




Biking around town on our bikes. It was like high-school days again. We went everywhere on bikes and hit the 7-eleven when it was too hot one day. Things slow down when you're in a small town. Life is simpler. We felt like kids again. 

This was our dorm. 

Mike and I playing with our toys. 


Trying to make the best of what was in our kitchen for dinner one evening. 

Our computers head to head. 

No comments: